Urban Mid-Autumn Lantern Displays
Soccer Pitches No. 1 - 5
Entrances: Sugar Street and Hing Fat Street
7-12.9.2022 (Wed - Mon)
Opening hours: 6:30pm - 11pm*
*Opening hours will be extended to midnight on 10.9
Mr. Hui Ka-hung, a local paper craft master has created a seven-metre-tall Chinese vessel lantern entitled Happy Duo under the Full Moon with “Enggie Pup” & “Artti Kitty”, two celebrated mascots of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department, aboard. While riding the waves with visitors, the lantern shines a light on Mr. Hui’s delicate craftsmanship.
Also on display are lanterns made by primary and secondary school students, a revolving lantern featuring the moon and steeds, works about childhood memories, witty cats, various kinds of animals and the 12 zodiac signs.
At Soccer Pitch No. 6 of the Victoria Park is another attraction:
Illuminated Lantern Installation Moon Story.
For public health and safety, visitors are requested to observe the following arrangements and precautionary measures:
- Please scan the “LeaveHomeSafe” QR code.
- Please observe the requirements of Vaccine Pass. Visitors with Red Code or Amber Code are not allowed to enter.
- Please check your body temperature at the entrance. Visitors with fever or respiratory symptoms are not allowed to enter.
- Please bring your own mask and keep it on throughout your visit (including the photo-taking period).
- Please keep proper social distance. Group gatherings of more than four people are prohibited. Please also keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres as far as feasible between yourself and any other person.
- Admission is on a first-come-first-served basis, and temporary crowd control measures will be arranged when there are too many visitors. Please follow the instructions of the staff and police officers on site.
- Naked-flame lanterns, alcoholic drinks, aerosol spray, metallic balloons and glass bottles are prohibited.
- Eating or drinking is prohibited during visit.
To avoid overcrowding on the Mid-Autumn Day, visitors are encouraged to come on other dates during the display period.
All the contents of works are independently produced by the creative team, and do not reflect the views or opinions of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department and the Sponsor.
Programmes are subject to change without prior notice.